Our Ultimate Flora™ SPECIAL CARE Probiotics target your bodys unique needs so you always feel your best.* Ultimate Flora 50 Billion WOMENS VAGINAL Probiotic is a high-potency formula with 10 specially selected strains including plenty of Lactobacilli designed to support vaginal and urinary health for a womans unique needs.
- 10 Probiotic Strains
- Promotes Vaginal & Urinary Health
- Potent Lactobacillus Formula for Women
For best results, take one capsule daily, with or without food.
DOES NOT CONTAIN
Artificial Ingredients , Dairy , Gluten.
What is a Probiotic?
Probiotic means “for life” and brings friendly bacteria into the body to promote a healthy environment. These friendly bacteria make up part of the vaginal flora. Since the body has limited resources to sustain good and bad bacteria, it is important to promote healthy bacteria to help keep other bacteria from flourishing. By boosting the healthy flora, probiotics promote the body’s normal, healthy functioning.
Uses and Benefits of Probiotics
Probiotics may be used to promote a healthy environment in various parts of the human body including the digestive system, urinary tract, and vagina. In each of these environments, friendly bacteria keep bad bacteria from flourishing. Probiotics in the vagina, primarily Lactobacillus strains, act as a defensive force by colonizing the vaginal tract, stopping pathogenic microorganisms from setting up base.
- Promotes an acidic vaginal environment to discourage the growth of bad bacteria by producing lactic acid.
- Produces hydrogen peroxide to help create an inhospitable environment for the “unwanted guests”.
- Stops microbes from adhering to the vaginal wall, and may also be able to displace those that have taken hold.
- Plays a key role in stimulating the body’s immune responses, which strengthens its ability to fight off infection.
- Actively fights bad microbes, and is often successful at disabling infection-causing bacteria, yeasts and viruses.
Lactobacillus, yeast, and other bacteria are all naturally present in your body, and vaginal health occurs when there is a healthy balance of these elements. Vaginal probiotics provide probiotic lactobacillus that works with your body to balance yeast and bacteria. In order to increase effectiveness a probiotic should: contain live active cultures and contain a strain specific to your needs. Many products on the market claim to contain probiotics, lactobacillus, and/or acidophilus. Some products contain probiotic strains that are designed to promote digestive, immunity or other health benefits but are not specific to vaginal health.
It is important to understand the features of these products so that you know if what you are taking is actually beneficial to your overall vaginal health.